I spent some time talking with Pat Glory today.
Pat is a 2x NJ State Champ, 3x State Finalist, Super 32 Champ, Beast of the East, Escape the Rock Champ etc…
Pat is an interesting and engaging young man. He thoughtfully answered questions about his personal development into one of the best high school wrestlers in the country. I think that Glory’s talent will transfer well at the D1 level. Princeton sounds like they might have a couple of gap year wrestlers this season. Next year they could make some serious noise.
It’s a long interview. Get your favorite beverage and settle in.
Here are some of the topics that we covered.
- When did you start wrestling and how did it happen?
- What did you like about the sport? What age were you when you started to take it seriously?
- Tell me about-your mental game and facing tough competition on a regular basis?
- Coaches/ wrestlers that have had the biggest influence on you?
- Very successful high school wrestler, what are some changes and adjustments that you made to get where you are now?
- What was your recruiting process like? Fun or stressful? Any advice you’d give to someone about to go through the process?
- Why did you choose Princeton?
- Coach Ayres is getting on in years do you think that you can get back points on him before you graduate?
- The school load is no joke at Princeton. What do you want to be when you grow up? Have you talked with some of the current guys to see how it would affect your future
- You had a great year. Tell me about your mindset when facing Teasdale?
- How do you mentally deal with a loss? Has that changed during your wrestling career?
- What has been your biggest challenge in the sport?
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment in wrestling?
- If we saw you in the Princeton or NJRTC practice room what kind of wrestler would we see?
- What kind of self-talk do you use at practice? In a match?
- What is your walk around weight right now?
- What is your relationship with weight cutting like historically?
- What weight will you wrestle?
- What do you love about the sport?
- Lightning Round